Welcome to Abbotsford Health Chiropractic.
Our Mission is to be an integral part of the health care team in our community, to help our people get well and stay well through chiropractic health care.
Our doctors have extensive experience providing exceptional chiropractic care for people of all ages including infants, children, adults and seniors.
April 6, 2020
We thank our valued patients for your understanding and patience during our temporary closure due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We have re-opened our office to accept patients for emergent, urgent, and/or essential care.
This is in response to the direction of Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry on March 23, 2020, the Federal Government recommendations, and the College of Chiropractors of BC. Chiropractic care is currently deemed to be an essential business in BC. Dr Henry issued an important update for regulated professionals in BC, including:
“Expectations of regulated professionals:”
1. All non-essential and elective services involving direct physical contact with patients and clients should be reduced to minimal levels, subject to allowable expectations, until further notice.
2. Allowable expectations can be made for time-sensitive circumstances and emergent, urgent, and/or essential care to avert or avoid negative patient or client outcomes, or to avert or avoid a situation that would have a direct impact on the safety of a patient or client.
Further to Dr. Henry’s letter, the CCBC directs that a chiropractor should be providing in-person “emergent, urgent and /or essential care” in circumstances where:
1. The patient has an acute condition that, without care, would severely limit him or her from activities of daily living, and/or the patient has an acute condition that requires immediate attention to relieve pain or because his or her daily activities are severely limited, and
2. The chiropractor can ensure that care will be provided in a manner that provides adequate protection against the risks of COVID-19 infection.
In order to ensure adequate protection for staff and patients against the risks of Covid-19 infection, we have put in place the following changes to our office.
– Protective glass is installed around reception desk.
– We are pre-screening and ensuring no staff or patients are sick, expressing symptoms, have travelled recently or breached any government restrictions.
– Hours and appointment times have been modified to maintain physical distance between patients and staff.
– Only 1 patient/family is permitted in the reception area at a time.
– We are sanitizing our equipment, tables and touch points between every patient visit.
– Doctors are utilizing proper hand washing techniques and using personal protective equipment (PPE).
– All toys, books, and magazines have been removed from the office.
– All staff are following social/physical distancing recommendations.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call our office.
Please keep well, be kind and we will all get through this together.
Dr. Matthew Germaine
Dr. Janusz Szostek
Lea, Kirsten, Kelly and Tricia